Natalia Aguilar Ruiz
International Relations Graduate
Birthday: May 1999
Leiden University (Netherlands)
International Relations and Organizations BSc | September 2017 – July 2020
- Cum Laude. Thesis grade: 9/10
- Courses on human rights and international law, international development, economics and security studies.
Leiden University (Netherlands)
Honours College, Faculty of Social Sciences | March 2018 – July 2020
- Courses on journalism, new technologies, and sustainability
The University of Tokyo (Japan)
Exchange semester | September 2019 – January 2020
- Grade average: A
- Courses on governance, gender and conflict, and Asian studies
Climate Policy Research Intern
Institute for Sustainable Energy Policies Japan | November 2019 – January 2020
- Draft background reports and country analysis on climate regulation and sustainable energy policies
- Provide administrative support in conferences and interviews.
Centre for Sustainability | October 2018 – December 2018
- Participate in meetings as secretary and moderate the database
- Support liaison within research groups and with external stakeholders.
Citizen Scientist, Researcher
The Ocean Cleanup | June 2020 – August 2020
- Conduct interviews and gather primary data on marine pollution.
Spanish Teacher for Migrants
Almeria Acoge | July 2019 – August 2019
- Teach basic and intermediate-level Spanish to migrants and refugees.
Outreach and Training Coordinator
Extinction Rebellion Netherlands | January 2019 – June 2019
- Design and oversee outreach campaigns for self-organising working groups
- Manage social media and draft newsletters
Centre for Sustainability Students | October 2018 – April 2019
- Organise academic lectures on climate change and circular economy
- Represent the organization in student fairs and conferences
Leiden University Political Science Student Association | October 2017 – June 2018
- Forge working relationships with companies and donors.
- Create fundraising material.
Red Cross Spain | September 2016 – August 2017
- Tutor children from disadvantaged and migrant backgrounds.
- Accompany hospitalised children.
- Spanish: Native
- English: Academic ( C1 Cambridge)
- French: Academic (C1 Alliance Française)
- German: Basic
- Japanese: Basic
- SPSS statistics
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft PowerPoint
Conferences and Seminars
7th Annual Peace and Conflict Resolution Conference Bangkok, Thailand. December 2020
“Rape, Unrest, and Rational Choice: A Cross- National Analysis of Wartime Rape and Natural Disasters”. This conference is organised by the Tomorrow People Organisation.
Kyaripro project: Empowering Fukushima High-School Girls Fukushima, Japan. October 2019
I gave a presentation on personal development to Fukushima girls coming from disadvantaged backgrounds.
Honours and Awards
- Bachelor’s degree with Honours Cum Laude | Leiden University. October 2020
- Finalist Team | The Sustainable Business Battle. June 2018
- Winner of Almeria’s Economics Olympics | The University of Almeria. June 2017
- High School degree with Honours: Matrícula de Honor | IES Alborán High School. June 2017
Courses and Certificates
- Introduction to Blockchain Technology | Leiden University, October – December 2018
- Protocol & Techniques of International Negotiation | The University of Almeria, 4-6 July 2016
- Driver’s License, B | Spanish National Traffic Agency