Ph.D. Bridging Program in Indonesia
The Centre for Human Rights, Multiculturalism, and Migration (CHRM2) is offering facilities for current Ph.D. candidates who want to complete field research in Indonesia.
CHRM2 is comprised of qualified and talented researchers that can assist in research projects. Additionally, these researchers are members of SEPAHAM Indonesia, a coalition of lecturers and professors dedicated to human rights issues.
Candidates from the following fields are encouraged to apply: law, politics, education, gender, sociology, or anthropology
CHRM2 and the University of Jember can offer candidates the following amenities:
- Private office in a hot desk system
- High-speed internet connection
- Private car for transport to do fieldwork (maximum distance is 100km)
- Cultural Experiences
- Free service of local researchers to assist in language and determine respondents
- Free accommodation (maximum one month)
- Free visa assistance
- Potential monthly stipend
In return, fellows are asked to participate in the following:
- Conduct a guest lecture in an undergraduate class for a faculty that relates to their research, such as Law, Politics or Education.
- Present their research paper in a seminar organized by the faculty
- Write the University of Jember as their affiliation if they publish their research article in a journal.
Minimum stay: 2 weeks
Stay can be extended upon request.
Monthly stipend provided if stay is one month or longer
Applicants must be enrolled in a Ph.D. program or have proof of completion.
In addition to graduating from a reputable University, applicants are required to submit:
- Cover Letter
- CV with a list of publications (if any)
- Proof of University Affiliation
- Short Biography
- Proof of English (if the researcher does not attend an English speaking University)
Please submit your completed application or any questions to the CHRM2 email (email@example.com)
— Application subject line: Research Fellow_ Name
— Questions subject line: Research Inquiry _ Name
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone number: (+62) 331 – 335 462, 322 808
Address: 6th Floor, CDAST Building, University of Jember
Kalimantan Road 37, Tegalboto Campus
Jember, East Java, Indonesia, Post Code 68121